4.14.2010

Life Drawing




ILLUSTRATOR OF THE DAY RILEY PAYNE
--
Coming across Riley Payne's work was truly inspirational. Loving these super detailed and fun pencil sketches – especially the page full of cats and breakfast treats. A-a-a-mazing.

I recently rekindled my love affair with drawing when I found my old sketch books. Back in the day portraits were my thing. I used to draw from Espirt and Benetton ads ripped from my favorite YM and Sassy magazines. Time to draw again, kids. This week I'll hit up the local art supply store and score some charcoal and nice pencils. Let's do this. Fun times.

2 comments:

Mary said...

How appropriate for you to post this blog. I just started taking some painting courses just last week, this is very inspiring Reanna.

Mary

Denise @ Swelle said...

Awesome! I do that every once a while (well, decade) which is really pathetic considering I went to art school!

I want to see your YM sketches! Those were the days. Young and modern, oh yeah!