11.21.2010

Lui, Lui



GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS

Over the weekend I spent some time checking out few vintage magazines for inspiration. They just knew what was up back in the day. I was happy to rediscover the French publication Lui, le magazine de l'homme moderne. And I am completely in love with the magazine's super sexy and iconic covers. Here is a selection of my favorites all created around the 1970's. Sadly Lui is no longer it's former glory and stopped regular publication in 1987 but not before Madonna and Brigitte Bardot graced it's cover. C'est le vie.

4 comments:

annelise said...

g-o-o-o-o-rge! so vintage, yet so modern. love the minimalist cover lines too. superb!

Reanna said...

I had a feeling you'd love these! Teeny tiny cover lines, super clean and simple photography. Oh girl, it doesn't get any better.

Denise @ Swelle said...

This takes me back to my childhood when the teenage girls at the mall had flippy hair and I thought they were the most beautiful creatures on earth. I always wonder what kind of nostalgic images the 90s kids will have...

seesaw said...

haha. so amazing!